The birth of the royal baby has been voted as the best bit of 2019 by Britain’s kids, in a new poll conducted by the LEGO Group(1). A selection of these iconic moments have been brought to life using LEGO bricks to showcase the highlights of 2019 through the eyes of a child.
The birth of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor in May topped the list, while 13-year-old Fin winning Junior Bake Off and the 50th anniversary of the moon landing also made a big impression on British kids over the past 12 months.
Sporting moments including England’s impressive run in the Rugby World Cup and England reaching the Semi Finals of the Women’s World Cup over the summer also scored highly, while animal-loving kids were delighted when a human-sized penguin fossil was discovered in New Zealand.
The top ten most memorable moments of 2019, as voted for by British children:
- The birth of the royal baby, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor (May)
- The 50th anniversary of humans landing on the moon (July)
- England’s run in the Rugby World Cup (September – November)
- England reaching the Semi Finals of the Women’s World Cup (June – July)
- Fin announced as the winner of Junior Bake off (November)
- Colin Thackery announced as the winner of Britain’s Got Talent 2019 (June)
- Karim Zeroual and Amy Dowden scoring the first perfect score for the current series of Strictly Come Dancing (December)
- Human-sized penguin fossil being discovered in New Zealand (August)
- Little Mix winning the Favourite Global Star Award at Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards (March)
- Dina Asher Smith winning the 200m final at the World Athletics Championships (October)
Get involved: Kids across the country can get involved in building their best bits of 2019 by taking part in a poll on LEGO Life and sharing their brick-built creations on the platform.