London’s iconic Borough Market is launching a comprehensive range of fresh produce and special occasion meal boxes available on subscription, along with three new gift hampers for food lovers across the UK. The new subscription service, available from 18th March, means that specially selected, high-welfare free-range fresh meat, fish, dairy and top-quality seasonal fruit and vegetables, along with baked goods and drinks from some of the Market’s best loved traders are now available nationwide for a single delivery fee.
Customers across London and throughout the UK who are keen to support independent traders from the world class food market can choose to subscribe to regular deliveries from a delicious range of fresh, sustainably sourced produce boxes or a choice of five indulgent meal boxes. Ranging from Taste the Ocean and Michelin Star VIP Veg to The Roast Dinner Winner and Dolce Vita Date Night, the boxes are priced from £25-£55 and available from https://www.goodsixty.co.uk/borough-market. Customers will have the option of adding extra items, including expertly paired fine wines from Cartwright Brothers Vintners.
There will also be a selection of three specially curated luxury gift hampers available for single purchase, priced between £75 and £150.
Darren Henaghan, managing director at Borough Market said: “As London’s oldest food market, we are used to welcoming shoppers from across the capital - and the rest of the country - who come to buy the best UK and international produce from our expert independent traders. We know many customers haven’t been able to travel due to the pandemic in recent months, but these new subscription boxes mean that people can still get their favourite fresh meat, cheese, fish, fruit and veg and those special Borough Market treats wherever they live – and those who’ve read about us but never had the chance to pop in can now try some of our wonderful food.”
The Essentials – fresh produce subscription boxes:
· Turnips Michelin Star *** VIP Veg Box: Only VIP veg make it into this box. Packed full of seasonal produce that you’d expect to find in a Michelin star restaurant, these veggies allow for a little more creativity in the kitchen. Ideal for families of 4 – 6 (with adventurous palates).
· The Essentials box (available in 2 person or family sizes): Contains all the fresh, essential produce to keep your kitchen well stocked. Expertly selected by the Borough Market traders to provide your family with quality everyday eats for the week, featuring produce from Ted’s Veg, Stark’s Fruit and Veg, Bread Ahead Bakery and Neal’s Yard Dairy.
· The Mouth-Watering Meat box (small or large): Create healthy, high-quality meals all week with locally-sourced meat boxes, including prime cuts of beef and fresh free-range chicken supplied by traders Northfield Farm Butchery and Wyndham House Poultry.
· The Family Veg Box: Packed with all the family favourites, this box will feed 4 for a week and showcases Borough Market’s veg from Turnips of Borough Market at its seasonal veggie best!
· The Essential Fruit and Veg Box: Enjoy seasonal fruit & veg, handpicked by independent farmers across the UK and put together by Turnips of Borough Market.
- COMING SOON: The Taste the Ocean Seafood box: Sample some of Borough Market’s finest seafood offerings, from world-famous oysters to hand-dived scallops and Vannamei prawns supplied by traders Oak & Smoke, Applebee’s Fish, Shellseekers and Richard Haward’s Oysters – along with lemon and samphire from Ted’s Veg.