Blackjack is one of the easiest casino games to learn once you know the basics. The game’s goal is to outscore your dealer as you aim for the total score of 21. Whether playing jack or at a land-based casino, you want to know the best ways to increase your winning odds.
As a player, you want to create the best strategy for each situation, helping you win more, stay long in the game, and avoid heavy losses. It’s impossible to win online casino blackjack in every game, but these techniques can better the odds. Players need to understand the game’s fundamentals, have proper bankroll management, and implement consistent betting. Let’s focus on these fundamentals for online blackjack or casino games.
Blackjack Rules and Terminologies
Before answering the question if a betting strategy can help you win at blackjack, you need to know how to play. The rules of the game differ based on the blackjack variant a player chooses. Most online blackjack variants use the American version rules. The croupier deals 2 cards facing up, and you also get two cards with one facing up and the other down.
Players then need to match two cards or more which can get close to 21 or add up to that number. The number should not exceed 21. Once the two cards are dealt for each player, they can take another card (Hit), stand (remain with their cards), and double down, surrender or split hairs. The following are the phrases you will encounter when playing online blackjack.
- Hit: request for another card. You can keep requesting a card until you choose to stand or bust.
- Stand: refuse to take additional cards allowing the dealer to play his hand.
- Split: when you have two cards with equal value, you can divide them into two separate hands and double your bet.
- Double down: take one more card and stand to double your bet size.
- Surrender: if you think you are about to lose, you can surrender half of your bet.
- Insurance: when the dealer has an Ace card, you can choose insurance. It is a bet halving the original bet size where you wager on the dealer getting a blackjack.
How to Win at Blackjack
Whether playing online blackjack for real money or live blackjack, utilize the following strategies to expand your game’s approach.
Popular blackjack movies and journals have immortalized card counters. Card counting involves keeping a mental note of each card that comes out during a blackjack session. This technique is draining and mentally exhausting. It requires you to retain focus on the game as to keep meticulous notes of these cards. Casino considers this technique as cheating. Players can be thrown out of a land-based casino for this action.
This system relies on offsetting losing rounds by doubling the betting among that follows. This method can get you back on an even slate until you win despite the number of hands previously lost. It depends on the negative progression betting strategy.
The con of this method is that you need a considerable bankroll. For example, if you began a wager with $10, you will need to bet 20$ if you lose that hand and double the amount when you lose the next. You must keep doubling this bet amount until you start winning. It’s not uncommon to lose 10 times in a row. If you need to manage your bankroll, this may not be the best strategy.
The Oscar Grind strategy can apply to any game, whether live blackjack or not, and several game variations. Under this method, you can retain the bet size after a loss and increase the wager by one after a win. You can repeat this technique until you reach your original bet size.
If you start the bet with $10 and lose that hand, you retain the same bet amount. You keep this bet until you win. Once you win, you increase the bet to $20. Then continue betting the amount until the next win, where you raise it to $30 where you complete the series once you have a profit.
Winning Streak Method
When trying to win at online blackjack, you can use the winning streak strategy. It is a positive progression strategy. If you are using this method, you need to increase your bet after a winning hand. However, you need to stop during this winning streak. Starting a bet of $20 will mean increasing the wager to $40 if you win and keep increasing the amount with every win.
More Blackjack Strategies
Additional strategies to help you win at blackjack include:
- Setting a fixed budget before sitting down to play casino games, whether you win or lose.
- Avoid insurance bets if you are a beginner as they raise the house edge leaving you at a disadvantage.
- Think about the house edge for each wager, as you can lower this edge based on your betting decisions.
- Use bonuses and promotions if you are playing online casino games, as they can increase your budget.
- Learn the online blackjack betting basics and variations.