The House of Lords Risk Assessment and Risk Planning Committee will tomorrow question experts from the Cabinet Office, as it continues its inquiry into risk assessment and risk planning in the UK.
The session will focus on the National Security Risk Assessment and its effectiveness in preparing for and preventing risks.
Giving evidence will be:
- Rt Hon Penny Mordaunt MP, Paymaster General
- Roger Hargreaves, Director, Civil Contingencies Secretariat
Themes that the committee is likely to ask about include:
- The use and development of the National Security Risk Assessment and National Risk Register.
- Lead Government Department risk management.
- Local Resilience Forums and local risk management.
- How society and population are built into the risk management process.
The session will take place virtually on Wednesday 16 June at 10.15am and can be followed on Parliament TV.