Elephant & Castle’s ‘Virtual Community Hub’ (www.communityhubSE1.co.uk), set up to help locals through the quarantine period, and which has gone from strength to strength since launching five weeks ago, is excited to announce it is adding even more online activities to its free activity line-up this week.
The Virtual Community Hub, which is already home to many of the free activities the physical Community Hub hosted pre-lock down, is now adding a Virtual Community Choir and Disability Sports Coach live sessions to its offering.
Starting this Wednesday at 6:30 – 7:30pm via Zoom, the Community Hub choir, who performed live at The Globe last Christmas, will take to their living rooms to sing feel-good songs. See below for how to get involved!
Also launching this week is the Disability Sports Coach’s live sessions, getting disabled people in the local community active. Live on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:30-4:00pm you can find the details on how to join through the Community Hub website. For more ideas to keep active at home, you can download their home activity programme for free on their website.
For more information, and how to join each class, visit the Community Hub’s website and Facebook page @whatsonatelephant.
A full list of activities and live classes are below.
- Virtual Choir: An opportunity to sing live on Zoom on Wednesdays 6:30-7:30pm
- Disability Sports Coach Live sessions: Live sessions to get disabled people in the local community active
- Dancebeatz Live Classes: A weekly live class practicing a fusion of dance styles such as afrobeat and dance hall
- Latin Dance Aerobics Workout: An online tutorial combining traditional aerobic routines with basic moves of salsa, merengue, bachata and samba dance
- Creative Club: Video tutorials, creative projects and inspiration for crafts and making at home
- Creation Station Live sessions: A fun and friendly creative classes to enjoy with your child; to inspire your child with out of school creative classes. Live sessions are on Friday at 2.00 pm. Age: 2-10 years old
- Upside Down Street Dance Classes: A weekly live class of online street dance for kids and teens (6-16yrs) at beginner level
- Frogprince Baby Music: A live session of live music for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers
- Silverfit: Exercise classes for the over 60s including Cheerleading, Pilates, Core & Balance exercises, Zumba, Indoor Nordic Walking and Qi Gong
- Re-Tribe Workshop: An online series of self-care workshops offering a space for people to come together and connect with themselves and others in a way that can provide calm and courage.
- Easy Cooking Recipes: Online step-by-step videos for meal ideas and preparation tips
- Chair Yoga: A live class of gentle yoga with most movements sitting down
- Mediation: Weekly live meditation class to retrain your mind to focus
- Chi Hatha Flow: A live class of gentle yoga suitable for beginners and seniors