Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus – the home of Entertainment in London – has something for everyone this Easter. Whether you’re looking for a fun day out with the family, to impress that special someone on a first date or perhaps you enjoy fine cuisine and immersing yourself in London’s culture? Then look no further than the below this April and follow along @discoverLSQ.
FUN FOR ALL THE FAMILY
· Free Family Workshops at the National Portrait Gallery
· The National Portrait Gallery are hosting an array of fun – and free! – workshops this Easter. Do you fancy dressing up for a family photoshoot or painting your own tiny portrait? How about making your own necklace or bracelet? Running from the 8th April – 4th May from 11:00 – 16:00, check out the NPG’s family activity base online to explore the Collections, exhibitions and workshops on offer:
· Where is Peter Rabbit?
Hop onto your seats and immerse yourself in the magical world of Beatrix Potter at the Theatre Royal Haymarket from the 5th to 28th April. Watch with delight as your favourite stories and most beloved characters are brought to life in this theatrical spectacular, with beautifully handcrafted puppets, enchanting original songs and a sprinkle of magic. https://trh.co.uk/whatson/where-is-peter-rabbit/
· The Crystal Maze
· Jump into the new The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience – the hit 90s TV show is now brought to breathtakingly immersive, genuine 3D life in the heart of Piccadilly Circus. Grab your friends to make a team where you can run around madly, shout yourself hoarse, complete all sorts of tricky challenges and finish up in some lovely satin bomber jackets. All the ingredients for a perfect day out with family and friends: https://the-crystal-maze.com/
· The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience is open to anyone aged 13 and who are 1.2 metres or taller
· Body Worlds Junior Doctor
· Calling all children who want to be doctors when they’re older! Dressed in a doctor’s coat and armed with a stethoscope and clipboard, children can now tour the Body Worlds exhibition with a professional medic, and even graduate with an official Junior Doctor certificate! Little minds will be expanded as the children make their way around three floors of science, art and health education, boggling at the intricacies and super powers of the human body. https://bodyworlds.co.uk/juniordoctor
· Odeon Luxe Leicester Square
· Looking to lose yourself in a magical world of flying elephants & superheroes? Then the ODEON Luxe Leicester Square is the perfect spot for you this Easter. With showings of DC Comics’ SHAZAM!, Disney’s DUMBO and Jordan Peele’s US – London’s most premium cinema has something for all cinema-lovers. https://www.odeon.co.uk/cinemas/london_leicester_square_odeon_luxe/105/
– The Comedy Store
· Begin your date with the ultimate icebreaker, with wall to wall laughs at the best comedy club in town. Doors at 6pm and a happy hour that runs until 7pm.
– Friday Night Lates at the National Portrait Gallery
· Enjoy a drink at the National Portrait Gallery bar, join our free drop-in drawing session and listen to live DJ’s play music inspired by the exhibitions on offer. Explore the Gallery afterhours and fall in love with the art, culture and society on offer https://www.npg.org.uk/whatson/fridaylates
– Picturehouse Central
· End the evening on a super note, with an Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame Double Bill! On Wednesday 24th April relive the action, the laughs and the dramatic ‘snap’ in INFINITY WAR and then at one minute past midnight be one of the first in London to see the remaining Avengers do whatever it takes to reverse the outcome and defeat Thanos in ENDGAME. Book your tickets here: https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Picturehouse_Central/film/avengers-infinity-war-and-endgame-double-bill-2d
FOR THE FOODIES
– Odeon Luxe Leicester Square
· If you’re looking for a super special treat to celebrate your Easter holidays, look no further than the ODEON Luxe in Leicester Square! Offering Afternoon Tea in the luxurious Oscar’s Bar from £29.95 for two people, it’s the best place to relax over the Easter holidays. Served daily until 6pm, sample a selection of sandwiches, desserts and tea or coffee – and for the adults, add a touch of fizz to your experience for an extra £10 per person!
– Leicester Square Kitchen
· This stunning eatery, specialising in contemporary Mexican and Peruvian cuisine, is hosting an Easter Afternoon Tea experience between the 5th to 23rd April. Classic and delicious sandwiches are on offer, alongside desserts with their signature flair such as the Sugar-coated doughnuts with Peruvian chocolate sauce – all of which will be served with their limited-edition handcrafted chocolate nest. Book here:
– Maison du Meze
· This Easter, pop into Maison Du Mezze to indulge in a tempting authentic spread. We’ve got a delicious 3 course set menu available for lunch or dinner over the Easter weekend. For all those families visiting Leicester Square this school holiday, we’ve also got the perfect Easter gift for you. Pop into Maison Du Mezzé between 6th April – 22nd April and we’ll give all the kids a free meal and a little chocolate surprise! http://www.maisondumezze.com/easter-dining/
STAY THE NIGHT
– Easter escapes at the Radisson Blu Edwardian’s Hampshire Hotel
· Make the most of your Easter holidays with a mini-break in London at Radisson Blu Edwardian, Hampshire from 5th – 23rd April and enjoy afternoon tea with delicious chocolate nests and breakfast the next day. Book your retreat now using the code ‘H-EAST’. https://www.radissonblu-edwardian.com/easter