The story around cannabis is very complex but one thing is for sure, you will find information available everywhere about both its use and its biology. We cannot deny the use of cannabis has been extremely widespread lately and there is a significant increase in users every day for both medical and recreational purposes. It does not matter which group you belong to, there are a few basic things about cannabis that you need to know as a user and this blog will explore some of those things to help you get a better understanding of your favourite herb.
What is it and what are the key ingredients?
Cannabis is a tall plant that produces hemp fibre and is used as a mind-altering drug. Other words for cannabis are marijuana or weed, which is the colloquial term that people generally use. THC is the mind-altering and psychoactive component of marijuana. What happens is that THC stimulates the aspect of your brain that responds to pleasure and the chemical dopamine is released which makes the user euphoric and relaxed. Marijuana can be consumed in many ways and it can affect the brain and the body. When the marijuana gets into your bloodstream, after about 30 minutes, the THC will peak and you will feel effects for about 1-3 hours depending on which method of consumption you use.
What forms are available
From the traditional to the innovative, there are many ways that marijuana can be consumed, all of which are easily available online at places like Grasscity. These consumption methods include:
- Blunt or joint: This is the traditional method of consumption. This is for the more experienced, veteran smoker who likes to keep it traditional.
- Bong: This is a glass or plastic device that is used to consume marijuana. This is if you want a stronger high using less marijuana.
- Pipe: This is a handheld glass device used to smoke marijuana.
- Dab rig: This is a water pipe or a specialized type of bong designed to smoke marijuana without the use of dry herbs. This is for the more health-conscious smoker.
- Dry herb vaporizer: This is used to vape marijuana. A dry herb vaporizer is a portable, handheld device that allows you to smoke marijuana more healthily and discreetly, without producing a smell or much smoke. This is for those who want the effects of marijuana but without the health risks associated with combustion.
- Edibles: This is when you consume food and drinks that have marijuana infused in them. Products such as cookies, cakes, and ice cream are commonly infused with marijuana and this method of consumption is great for people who do not want to smoke but want to experience a stronger and much longer high.
- Topicals: This is marijuana that has been infused with creams and lotions. When applied to your muscles and joints, stiffness, pain, and inflammation is relieved. This is ideal for athletes and others who partake in physically strenuous activities.
What is it used for?
Marijuana is used recreationally as a drug and medically to treat many health conditions such as anxiety, depression, PTSD, cancer symptoms, insomnia, seizures, loss of appetite, pain, and inflammation. The secret is CBD, The non-psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, and there have been many reports that describe this as a major reason marijuana treats many health conditions.
How to get it?
Marijuana is easily accessible depending on where you live, especially where it has been legalized. To buy cannabis at a dispensary you need an ID and a medical card but if you are buying for recreational purposes then just an ID will do. Online headshops have also become a major option for consumers for over a decade, and in many ways provide more options.
Marijuana is probably one of the most popular herbs in the entire world and the popularity of this plant keeps growing by the day. Not only is it used recreationally but it also offers a host of medical benefits from anxiety relief to helping induce sleep for those suffering from insomnia. Marijuana is becoming legalized in most parts of the world and there is a way to consume it that suits everyone from smoking to eating. Marijuana is universally a very versatile substance.