The British Takeaway Awards (BTAs) returns for the fifth year and has revealed 2019’s five finalists for “Best Takeaway” in Central London.
2019’s finalists, in alphabetical order, are:
● Bombay Bicycle Chef, Queenstown Rd, Clapham – Indian (regional winner 2018)
● Chilli Tuk Tuk, Halliwick Court Parade, Woodhouse Rd – Indian
● Eastern Cuisine Indian Restaurant & Takeaway, Gypsy Hill, Dulwich – Indian
● Himalayan Kitchen, Penge Ln, Penge – Nepalese
● Sugoi JPN, Arch Gales Gardens – Japanese/ Latin Fusion
For half a decade the BTAs, which are run in association with Just Eat (www.just-eat.co.uk), have paid homage to the unsung heroes of the takeaway sector who work tirelessly to serve us our favourite takeaway dishes in Central London and all across Great Britain. The top five takeaways in Central London that received the most public votes have made it through to the star-studded national awards ceremony on the 27th of January at The Savoy, London.
The twelve regional winners will be chosen by a panel of judges who will take into consideration the number of votes each finalist received, feedback from a mystery shop, and by reviewing a written submission from the restaurant owners. The panel will then identify the twelve regional winners and crown an overall winner for the coveted Best Takeaway in Britain award. As well as the accolade of best takeaway, each regional winners will receive £1,000 and the Best Takeaway in Britain will receive £5,000.
The panel of judges include,
● Ainsley Harriott – celebrity chef, TV star and best selling author
● Sarah Willingham – entrepreneur and former star of BBC2’s Dragons’ Den
● Graham Corfield – Chief Operating Officer of Just Eat
● Ibrahim Dougus – Chairman of the British Takeaway Campaign
● James Hacon – Managing Director of Think Hospitality