Fitness influencer and Women’s Online Coach Ellie Hoad says –
1. Don’t expect results overnight. Progress takes time and you need to be consistent with what you’re doing. When you feel like giving up, that’s when you need to keep going!
2. Do what you enjoy! Forcing yourself to do something every day is only going to lead to resentment and failure. Focus on the things which you look forward to. That way it won’t feel like a chore.
3. Don’t focus on the scales, the number is irrelevant. Instead, focus on how much stronger you are, how you look and most importantly how you feel.
4. Set mini goals and focus on small wins rather than the end goal.
5. Fitness is your own journey, don’t compare yourself to others. There is no comparison between the sun and the moon.
In collaboration with Sony, Ellie Hoad has curated a 45-minute no-equipment necessary HIIT workout for you to try at home. Get your sweat on with this workout including warm up/cool down that can be modified for different abilities.
2 rounds, minimal rest
30 seconds in and outs
x10 walk out to plank shoulder tap
x10 sumo squats with double pulse
Legs and Cardio:
2 rounds, rest for 20 seconds between exercises
60 seconds squat, lunge (left), lunge (right)
30 seconds down ups
60 seconds sumo squat pulses
30 seconds pop squats
Upper and Cardio:
3 rounds for each exercise, Tabata 20s on / 10s off
x4 Commandos and x4 Mountain Climbers
Press ups to rotation
Straight arm glute bridges
2 rounds, 40 seconds on / 20 seconds off
Slow controlled crossbody mountain climbers
x1 sit up, x2 V sits, x2 Russian twists
1 round, 30 seconds on each, minimal rest
Straight arm plank
Plank to ankle taps
Side plank (right)
Side plank (left)
Plank knee drops
*1 minute any plank you wish finisher*