National treasures, Stephen Fry and Joanna Lumley, are adding their support to National Vegetarian Week 2019. You can do your bit for the environment too by eating more delicious veggie food and there are 50 fun things to help you do just that at nationalvegetarianweek.org.
Graham Drummond, from the Vegetarian Society, said: “Every veggie meal can have a positive effect on climate change and we’re thrilled our celebrity supporters are spreading the message with us. Not everyone knows where to start so we’ve got 50 fun new things for you to try, such as tucking into a veggie full-English breakfast, sharing gelatine-free sweets, doing a dairy-free milk taste-test or choosing the tofu dish from the local Chinese takeaway. Visit the website to see them all and pick a perfect bite-sized activity to get started. There are also loads of incredible veggie offers and discounts.”
National Vegetarian Week has a wealth of celebrities showing their support too. Celebrity supporters include:
• BOSH! -Sunday Times Number One Bestselling authors, Henry and Ian from BOSH! are National Vegetarian Week partners
• Camilla Ainsworth – Apprentice finalist and founder of M+LKPLUS
• Ella Mills – founder of Deliciously Ella
• Gaz Oakley – chef, author and YouTuber
• Gennaro Contaldo – chef and cookbook author
• The Hairy Bikers – Si King and Dave Myers
• Matthew Pritchard – presenter of the BBC’s first vegan cookery show and star of MTV Dirty Sanchez
National Vegetarian Week is your chance to join millions of people enjoying amazing veggie food. Keep a look out for new recipes, tempting offers and refreshed restaurant menus across the UK.
The Vegetarian Society is a charity that is passionate about veggie food. It wants everyone to know how varied and delicious vegetarian dishes are, and how easy it is to enjoy a veggie lifestyle.