Cats Protection is asking cat owners in London to nominate their furry friends in this year’s National Cat Awards.
For over a decade, the Awards have celebrated the difference cats make to owners’ lives by highlighting heart-warming stories of devotion, companionship and courage.
Could your cat follow in the paw prints of two London cats, Ted and Sox, who were shortlisted for Cats Protection’s Most Caring Cat Award and Outstanding Rescue Cat Award last year?
Ted has been by Dr Richard Thomas’ side during the most difficult of times. Ted provided company, comfort and amusement when Richard was diagnosed with throat cancer and developed a debilitating illness, requiring complex brain surgery.
Former stray Sox transformed the lives of patients and staff after being adopted by the Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability in Putney. The four-year-old puss provided comfort and companionship for patients with brain injuries and helped to motivate those undergoing therapy.
Cats do not need to have been adopted from Cats Protection to be nominated for an award and owners have from 15 January until noon on Friday 8 March to enter one of five categories:
• Hero Cat – Cats that save the day
• Most Caring Cat – Cats that positively impact a person’s health or wellbeing
• Furr-ever Friends – Tales of friendship between children and cats
• Outstanding Rescue Cat – Fabulous felines adopted from animal charities
• PURINA® Better Together – Celebrating the special bond that has transformed and enriched the lives of both a feline and human