The UK’s most popular paid-for attraction, the lastminute.com London Eye, today unveiled plans to celebrate its landmark 20th birthday, taking place from Friday 6th – Monday 9th March. To mark this momentous milestone, the leading London attraction will be hosting a range of immersive experiences for guests as they takeover 20 pods with unique activations that celebrate London and all it offers visitors and residents alike.
These bespoke pods will be tiered with five permanent, immersive ‘WOW’ experiences delivering a truly unique London atmosphere, including West End performances, a sensory experience celebrating the city’s eight Royal Parks, a quintessential British pub, an ode to the Royal family and an exclusive collaboration with revered contemporary artist Ben Eine – as he wraps a pod in uniquely commissioned artwork.
The fifteen remaining pods will play host to a variety of entertaining experiences that will give those lucky enough to get tickets an unbeatable perspective of London across the weekend, including pampering sessions, cocktail masterclasses, a story-telling corner, spinning lessons and a silent disco.
Entry to 19 of these exclusive pods will be available via a first-come, first-served basis, which will go live from February 12th, with the contemporary street art pod being a surprise and delight for regular ticket holders. To purchase a ticket to one of the 19 exclusive pods, visit the London Eye website from 12 pm on February 12th and select your preferred pod and time slot. Tickets can then be secured for £10, with all proceeds being donated to Merlin’s Magic Wand, a children’s charity that makes the magic of all Merlin attractions accessible to children facing serious illness, disability or adversity.
Sunny Jouhal, General Manager at the lastminute.com London Eye, said: “Over the last 20 years the London Eye has established itself as an iconic ‘must-do’ attraction for anyone visiting the city, and a world-famous part of London’s skyline. We’re thrilled to be giving everyone the chance to come and celebrate this momentous birthday milestone with us. From a West End stage to an East End pub in a pod, we’re ready to get the party started in true London Eye style.”
The 19 pods available to purchase tickets for over the course of the London Eye’s Birthday Celebrations are as follows:
1. A garden party like no other – step inside an immersive, sensory experience full of flowers and fauna as the London Eye celebrates the city’s eight Royal Parks.
2. There’s no business-like show business – celebrate our 20th birthday with a good old-fashioned sing along as you’re serenaded with performances from some of the most iconic musicals from the West End.
3. Air to the Throne – rub shoulders with Royalty as you pose for a selfie alongside the Madame Tussauds Queen Elizabeth figure in her throne.
4. The King Vic – sip on a pint of ale in an old English pub as you enjoy the views of the capital in the world’s first elevated great British pub.
Other immersive activity pods to enjoy over the weekend:
5. Say hello to the sun-rise – Calling all yogis! Need to de-stress, stretch out or get zen? triyoga will be hosting relaxing yoga rotations for those early morning risers.
6. Afternoon Tea – enjoy afternoon tea for two with a bold Lyan twist and bespoke Beefeater Gin creations from Lyaness. Taking a playful approach to the traditional afternoon tea, Fancy Tea is a tongue-in-cheek take on a high-end 80s dinner party. Paired with two innovative Beefeater Gin cocktails created by the Lyaness team, this is an afternoon tea you won’t want to miss.
7. Cocktails All Round – Watch the sun set over the city as you enjoy a gin cocktail in our tiki bar, specifically curated by The Mixologist Brothers.
8. The Ultimate Kids Birthday Party – to make sure the little one’s aren’t missing out on all of the birthday fun, we are hosting the ultimate kids’ birthday party, complete with face painting, balloon animals and party entertainment suitable for children aged 4 – 10 years old.
9. Eye on the Pride – celebrate the LGBTQ+ community and equality within this dedicated pod while being entertained by the best Drag Acts in the city.
10. The Pamper Pod – Taking manicure’s to new heights! Enjoy a blow LTD express manicure with the best views of London- includes file and shape followed by expert application of one of their on-trend OPI colours.
11. Sweet Treat Pod – got a sweet tooth? Well, you’re going to have an awesome time in the sweet treat pod, with insanely delicious treats on-board that are just waiting to be gobbled up.
12. Disco in the Sky – with a uniquely curated playlist, you can bring your best party moves and dance it up above the city’s skyline in our silent disco.
13. Fancy Flights – indulge in a celebratory glass of fizz and accompanying canapes as you take in the sights.
14. Just Keep Spinning – take your spin class to new heights with Boom Cycle Waterloo, with six Boom rides available early morning and during lunchtime on Monday 9th March.
15. Get Crafty – Ever wanted a pint above the London skyline? Come and enjoy a selection of vibrant and flavourful craft beers from independent Hackney-based brewery, The Five Points Brewing Company.
16. The Sunday Sessions – the next generation of music stars from Busk in London will be entertaining guests with live performances throughout Sunday afternoon.
17. Storytime with Hamleys – bring the little ones along to experience magical London based stories like Paddington Bear being brought to life, in association with The Finest Toy Shop in the World, Hamleys.
18. Let’s get Classical – enjoy a very special performance by a string quartet drawn from the world-famous London Philharmonic Orchestra as you sail above the London skyline.
19. Big Birthday Pod – Prepare to enter an ultimate Instagram zone, filled with endless selfie opportunities, colourful balloons and party poppers in our very own special birthday pod on Monday 9th March.
The London Eye’s Birthday Experience tickets are priced at £10. For more information, timings and to get your hands on tickets for your preferred pod, visit: https://www.londoneye.com/eyeturns20 from February 12th .
Throughout the birthday weekend guests are reminded to share their celebratory experiences with the hashtag #EyeTurns20 for a chance to be included on the official London Eye social channels.