Over the years, Direct Hair Implant, also known as the “pen method,” has become one of the most popular hair transplant methods preferred by the vast majority with hair losses. With the method, you don’t need to corrupt your existing hair follicles to get indispensable grafts for the area to be sown.
Instead, Choi (specially designed pen) technique is applied to restore the missing hair follicles within a short time. For this reason, you will realize the most natural and impressive upshots in hair patterns cool, calm, and collected through the DHI hair transplant technique – https://cosmeticium.com/dhi-hair-transplant/
In the DHI method, the hair grafts are extorted smoothly and exclusively from the source region with the aid of micro punches and implanted in the bald area. Various aspects define the survival rate of the secured grafts.
Research shows that these elements can be improved by reducing the grafts’ transit duration. Consequently, in 2013, a sheer number of researchers reformed the FUE technique such that the individual grafts are planted right after collection.
Since then, most people regard the DHI as “a new method,” while others refer to it as a subtype or modification of the FUE method.
However, the DHI Hair transplant is not a completely new method. It’s one more approach to applying FUE logic for the contemporary practice of hair transplantations. There’s no sewing process, incision, or grooving instances, meaning you return to your normal life after a short time.
Three Main Stages;
Hair transplantation in DHI methods involves three primary stages: Harvesting the grafts, canal/slits opening, and planting the collected hair follicles. Within a brief time after obtaining the graft, a therapeutic pen is used to open the slits and to place the follicles.
The procedure is performed in one go, contrary to other methods where it is carried out separately. The main difference between DHI and other methods is the opening technique. Otherwise, most of these steps are performed in the same way:
- Alleviating and harvesting the hair follicles individually from the donor area, creating hair grafts that hold the tissue and the root, ready for implantation after a brief separation process.
- The process commences once the hair roots are set in the Choi pen that’s specially designed for the purpose.
- The tool is absolutely thin, sharp-pointed, and precisely structured to accommodate the hair root.
- As the plantation process continues, the hair is placed within the pen, therefore shortening the waiting duration for the hair follicles.
- In the DHI hair transportation technique, hair grafts damage is significantly reduced, as the scalp enters into a rapid healing process almost immediately.
The operation takes six to eight hours. But the time may vary subject to individuals’ hair wellbeing and the area under operation. It’s always important to inform your specialist about any ailment you have before hair transplantation.
Quick Healing Process
For the DHI Hair transplant method, the crusting can take a maximum of six days upon the operation. This is because the canal opening stage under this method is not detached, and is done directly after extraction.
After around two weeks, the shedding process begins, and lasts for about three months, after which the new hair will start to grow.
The method, therefore, automatically becomes the best remedy for hair transplants. And if performed correctly, the ultimate results will show up within the first session with the surgeon. Other extras associated with DHI Hair Transplantation technique includes:
- The method provides for comprehensive hair transplantation, so your hair will seem more natural.
- Under the DHI method, the overall waiting duration of hair grafts is reduced. So the chances of hair graft loss that may occur during and after the procedure are reduced.
- The operation takes place without corrupting the existing hair- a significant advantage, especially for patients who have not entirely lost their genetic hair.
The prime advantage of the DHI method stems from its quick recovery period with no scarring- although, for persons in need of more than 2000 transplantation grafts, the process will virtually call for more than one operation.
Additionally, with an experienced hair specialist, the DHI method can be performed using hairs from other parts of your body like beard and chest, should you lack high-quality graft in your head. This brings about the sanity for having DHI practice to fine-tune your beard and eyebrows.