This Bank Holiday weekend will be busy in London with events such as Notting Hill Carnival and several football matches, alongside vital work to upgrade the rail network.
Although much of the transport network will be running as normal, Transport for London (TfL) is strongly advising Londoners and visitors to the Capital to plan their journeys on road, Tube and rail services.
- Key locations and days to plan ahead for include:
No DLR between Stratford and Bow Church due to Crossrail construction work at Pudding Mill Lane (Sunday 27 August and Monday 28 August)
- No London Overground between Euston and Watford Junction for Network Rail track work (Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 August)
- No London Overground between Romford and Upminster for Crossrail construction work (Sunday 27 and Monday 28 August)
- No TfL Rail service on the entire line between Liverpool Street and Shenfield for Network Rail track and station work as well as Crossrail construction work (Sunday 27 August and Monday 28 August)
- No London Overground service between South Tottenham and Barking on Saturday 26 August until 7pm due to Network Rail work
- No London Overground service between Gospel Oak and Barking from 7pm Saturday 26 August until 3.30pm Sunday 27 August due to Network Rail work
- Chelsea vs Everton and Crystal Palace vs Swansea City (Saturday 26 August)
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Burnley at Wembley Stadium (Sunday 27 August)
- Notting Hill Carnival (Sunday 27 August and Monday 28 August)
- Closures and changes to National Rail services all weekend – more information can be found at nationalrail.co.uk
Now the boring staff is out of the way, EAT – DRINK AND BE MERRY!