Businesses tackling London’s social problems are today [18 February] being called on to enter the capital’s top responsible business gongs.
The City of London Corporation, which runs the Lord Mayor’s Dragon Awards, wants to hear from firms of all sizes and sectors.
From firms championing diversity to companies running volunteering and social mobility schemes, the Dragon Awards celebrate businesses going the extra mile to make a difference to society.
And for the first time this year, the Lord Mayor’s Dragon Awards will have an award solely celebrating digital skills initiatives.
Over the last 32 years, Dragon Awards applicants have reached over 11 million people, mobilising 200,000 business volunteers and providing a quarter billion pounds in donations and pro-bono support.
The awards up for grabs are:
- Lord Mayor’s Award for Leadership in Digital Skills: Digital skills are critical to the UK’s competitiveness and to building an inclusive society. And this special award celebrates businesses, from across the UK, that are investing in the UK’s digital future
- Heart of the City Award:celebrates companies that have only recently begun to have a strategic approach to social impact in Greater London.
- Boosting Social Impact Award: will go to a firm that is boosting its social impact in Greater London through its own schemes
- Inclusive Employment Award: celebrates companies removing barriers to employment and progression for disadvantaged, underrepresented or minority groups
- 5. Innovation Award: will be awarded to a business developing new ways to benefit London’s communities
- Regional Impact Award: celebrates businesses with a London presence that are strengthening regional communities beyond the capital
- Community Partners Award: will go to a community organisation that is working with firms to achieve excellence in social impact. It recognises good practice and innovation in building and maintaining effective cross-sector partnerships that benefit Greater London.
The awards will be open for applications until 16 April 2019.
All applicants will be invited to The Mansion House in September where the winners will receive a prestigious ‘Dragon’ from Peter Estlin, the Lord Mayor of the City of London.
To find out more, visit www.dragonawards.org.uk