Each year brings something new, innovative and desirable to the automobile market. All through the past decade, electric cars gained more and more popularity, and the modern world is changing a lot to accommodate this technology. Many more charging stations are created every year throughout Europe, the US and other parts of the progressive world. Nowadays you can find all of the accessories and parts easily as well. From car covers to shock absorbers.
One of the most prominent manufacturers introducing new electric vehicles (EV) to the market is Tesla Inc. Tesla is a huge clean energy company that produces not only EV cars but solar panels and solar roof tiles too. It first produced the Tesla Roadster in 2008, which wasn’t too popular due to its very high price, but the new EV era was launched in 2012 with the introduction of Model S. It thereafter set the new standards of what an electric vehicle should be.
Since then Tesla hasn’t stopped to amaze us with new levels of ingenuity and creativity. 2019 was a turning point for the company, as the Model 3 was in constant, stable demand and the sales went up drastically. So what does Tesla have in store for the upcoming 2 years?
- Robo taxi. The idea, of self-driving cars, is nothing new, of course. But the execution with such precision is unprecedented. The Robo taxi has no steering wheel or pedals, which is already through-the-roof unconventional. But can you imagine that technology entering our day-to-day lives? The production is said to be enabled by the end of 2020. As Tesla is a company with a clear compass to the future, all new Tesla vehicles are introduced with a full self-driving computer chip. It will drastically lower the transportation cost, which we can all benefit from!
- Cyber truck. There’s no way you haven’t encountered this controversial model on the web. It has a stainless steel body and a very angular overall shape, which makes it stand out from the rest of the Tesla model range. It will hit the market with 3 available configurations both with 2 and 4-wheel drive. But the fun doesn’t end there. It is also paired with a cyberquad, which is basically an electric quadricycle that can fit in the bed of this incredible truck and even charge there too.
- Model Y. This amazing EV is entering production in 2021. It has the functionality and the size of an SUV but rides like a sports car. Unbelievable, isn’t it? It has the range of 300 miles and it is the most energy-efficient electric SUV out there.
- Semi-truck. It has already been introduced to the public a couple of years ago, but the production is said to be starting in 2020. It will be powered by 4 electric motors and the acceleration time frame is unbelievable for such a massive vehicle. It has a lot of innovative features too, like automatic lane keeping, and automatic emergency braking. And let’s not forget the cabin as well. Its unique design allows to prevent jackknifing, which can save countless lives on the road.
- The Roadster 2. This amazing EV sports car is a raging cocktail of acceleration, speed, power and unprecedented range. The acceleration is truly remarkable. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in merely 1,9 seconds, with a top speed of more than 250 mph. Plus, it has a truly remarkable range of 620 miles on a single charge.
As you see, Tesla has a lot in store for us in 2020-2021 and we have a few fantastic models to look forward to. So follow the automobile market news and find out about all the details these beauties have to offer.