Central England Co-operative has announced its year end results, to 26 January 2019, revealing a strong financial performance.
Trading profit and gross sales were up compared to the previous year despite the Society trading in a highly competitive environment.
Long-term investment has resulted in the continued expansion of both the food and funeral arms of the business, with the opening of 10 new Food Stores and six new Funeral Homes as well as the refurbishment of over 50 other sites across the 16 counties in which the Society trades.
Other highlights for the year include:
- Gross sales up 2.5% to £869.9m with trading profit up 4.4% to £18.1m
- Capital expenditure of £28.7m
- Over 140 community groups and charities shared £173,000 as a result of grants from the Community Dividend Fund
- Over 250,000 items were donated by customers and members to food bank collection points and over 130 Food Stores operating as part of a ground-breaking food redistribution project
- Link-up with corporate charity partner Dementia UK reached £1 million milestone