On Friday, January 12, 2018 micro business owners from around the world will join together in a social media extravaganza to celebrate #MicroBizMatters Day. Over eight hours of broadcasting will be hosted from XYZ Works & Social, 3 Hardman Street, Manchester, M3 3EB.
The aim of #MicroBizMatters Day is that business owners should give a little time to help other business owners kick off the New Year. Business owners nationwide are encouraged to provide 12 ways of helping other businesses using #IGave12, for example:
• Provide 12 hints or tips which other business owners could learn from
• Make a 12-minute video supporting another business
• Buy 12 items from microbusinesses
• Following 12 new start-ups on Twitter
• Spend 12 minutes on social media or through get-togethers with contacts you have lost touch with
• Have a 12 minutes break from work to breathe, exercise and reboot your brain
• Take 12 minutes to look at your social media analytics and familiarise yourself with posts which perform well.
The day will recognise small businesses and micro-enterprises globally. In the UK alone, there are over 5.4 million microbusinesses, representing 95% of all businesses. It is estimated that one in every seven working adults run their own micro-enterprise. #MicroBizMatters Day is the biggest independent social media day of recognition, action and learning for business owners in the world.