Everyone Active – operator of 13 leisure centres across Ealing, including Northolt Leisure Centre in partnership with Ealing Council – has welcomed over 20 million visitors since taking over the contract in September 2013. The local leisure operator also manages facilities across the London boroughs of Harrow and Brent, with all three contracts starting in Autumn 2013.
Izabela Karworwska and her family were delighted when their visit to Northolt Leisure Centre brought the total number of visitors to the lucky number 20,000,000. Everyone Active celebrated the occasion by awarding Izabela and her two children, Amelia and Kacper with an annual fitness membership to the centre, a year’s worth of swimming lessons, a year’s worth of children’s sports courses, a children’s party and access to the new softplay at Northolt Leisure Centre, which opens in July.
“We’re over the moon to have won a family membership to the centre and the other brilliant prizes for the whole family to enjoy. We have never won such a generous prize!” said Everyone Active customer Izabela Karworwska. “Thank you Everyone Active – we will all benefit from these prizes and the fantastic facilities right across Ealing, including Northolt Leisure Centre.”
Over the last six years since taking over the contract, Everyone Active has invested over five million pounds into improving the leisure facilities across all three boroughs. Highlights across Ealing over the years have included:
- 2013 – Started the contract with 4,500 people learning to swim per week. Now in 2019 grown to over 10,000.
- 2014 – The £19m new build Acton Centre opened its doors
- 2015 – Northolt Leisure Centre’s gym received a huge refurbishment
- 2016 – “Road to Rio” project which saw over 5,000 residents getting involved in free activities across the borough as part of the Olympic spirit
- 2017 – Introduction of the annual Ealing Sports Awards. Created in partnership with Ealing Council, the Ealing Sports Awards are aimed at recognising the commitment, talent and achievements of Ealing’s sports clubs, inspirational volunteers and fantastic sporting individuals.
- 2019 – Dormers Wells Leisure Centre received a significant investment and major gym upgrades.
Everyone Active Regional Contract Manager, Mark Leahy said: “Welcoming our 20 millionth visitor this month is a real testament to the fact we are committed to providing the best facilities and service possible for our customers right across Ealing, Harrow and Brent. We have received great feedback from our members and we are delighted that in just this month alone we have had over 350,000 visits to our centres.”
Councillor Bassam Mahfouz, Ealing Council’s cabinet member for finance and leisure said: “I’m delighted to be marking the 20 millionth visit to our fantastic leisure centres since our partnership with Everyone Active began. It shows just how popular and well-used these facilities are and what they are able to offer – from first class swimming pools to great gyms and regular sports classes.
“I’d like to congratulate Izabela and her family, the winners of our amazing competition, for being the 20 millionth visitor. I’m sure a year’s worth of swimming and sports for free means they’ll have many more enjoyable visits to our centres in the coming months.
“We remain committed to providing local people with opportunities to take part in a wide range of sports in order to stay active and healthy.”