- The study shows over half of Brits haven’t switched energy in at least 2 years
- Many find energy bills more confusing than a new phone or TV contract
- Overwhelmingly, only 2% know how to read their electricity dial metre
- More than 1 in 5 don’t know what ‘dual fuel’ means
- A huge 55% feel anxious when they open their energy bill
‘The Big Six’ energy suppliers take up close to 95% of the energy market in the UK. And new research by Powershop, new to the UK market with a mission to make energy simpler, could show us why – over half of Brits have not shopped for a new energy supplier in at least two years.
Powershop surveyed over 2,000 Brits on their attitudes towards energy, bringing to light the many conceptions and misconceptions around the energy landscape.
They created an illustrated guide to illuminate their findings, revealing an alarming number feel in the dark about energy and energy suppliers.
Switching gas and electricity suppliers has a ton of benefits: it can help you bag a cheaper deal and in turn, significantly reduce your monthly outgoings. But despite the advantages and ease of changing to a better tariff, Brits just can’t find the strength to leave their energy suppliers.
Almost half of Brits haven’t switched energy supplier in at least two years. One in four switched over 3 years ago — longer than many have been with their current partners!