After reopening these iconic attractions to guests on Saturday 1 August, thousands of friends and families have been able to experience a fun and safe day out in the capital at the lastminute.com London Eye, Madame Tussauds London, SEA LIFE London Aquarium, London Dungeon and Shrek’s Adventure London.
The Rt Hon, Oliver Dowden CBE MP, was able to discover more about the enhanced health and safety measures implemented to keep visitors safe whilst soaring over the capital on the London Eye, as well as getting nose to fin with SEA LIFE London Aquarium’s amazing creatures.
Merlin Entertainments also used the Secretary of State’s visit to highlight the economic crisis facing the London tourism sector. More than ten thousand businesses including attractions, restaurants, UK casinos, hotels, industry bodies and event organisers
have backed the ‘SOS London Tourism Collective’ campaign. Launched in July, the campaign calls for Government action to ensure London tourism is at the forefront of post-lockdown recovery plans to guarantee long term success for hospitality and tourism businesses across the capital.
Each of the London attractions has been awarded the VisitEngland ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry charter mark and the new safety and hygiene measures being implemented across all attractions include:
- Reduced capacity to allow for social distancing and the best possible experience
- All guests will need to pre-book their tickets and a time slot online before visiting
- The introduction of social distancing measures, with clear markers and signage across each attraction to help guests keep a safe distance from one another
- Socially distanced temperature checks for all guests and team members prior to entry
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, hygiene stations and hand sanitiser at key locations throughout the attractions
- Guests are required to bring their own suitable face covering (excluding ages 6 and under). Those who arrive without one will have the opportunity to purchase one at the attraction.
- All attractions will be cashless with guests prepared to use contactless payment methods
- New hygiene screens have been installed at service counters to safely separate guests and team members
- All team members will wear appropriate PPE Live shows and meet and greet experiences within the attractions will have limited numbers or will continue to be closed