A series of posters and social media films highlighting the part that public transport customers and road users can play in improving journeys for everyone were launched today by Transport for London (TfL).
The #TravelKind campaign launched on World Kindness Day and features nine posters with real passengers and staff highlighting the small steps that people can take to help prevent delays and make journeys run smoothly for them and their fellow passengers.
Tips for customers include:
- Please have your card ready;
- Please make space for wheelchair users;
- Please keep your cool on the road;
- Please help others off the train and onto the platform if they feel ill;
- Please move down inside, so everyone can get there quicker.
One of the social media films includes a paramedic from the London Ambulance Service advising customers to help others off the train if they fall ill so they can be seen quicker by staff. Passengers being ill on trains make up a significant proportion of customer incidents that cause delays on the Tube.