It has been described in Italian media as everything from ‘a national disaster’ to ‘the apocalypse’*. When Italy failed to qualify for this summer’s football tournament in Russia it provoked a collective outpouring of shock, outrage and disbelief. For the first time in 60 years, the famous Azzurri will be staying at home and many passionate fans, still heartbroken from their unexpected elimination, have said they cannot bear to watch.
Whilst spirits may be low and emotions still raw, ASK Italian is reminding Italians that there is always cause for celebration when you’re from a nation of incredible cuisine – and has the perfect solution for Italians seeking sanctuary from the football festivities: Italians Eat For Free.
ASK Italian, the family of Italian restaurants across the UK, is opening its arms to Italians living in England to find solace amongst the football hysteria and indulge in the amazing cuisine that makes Italy so great.
On England’s key match dates – Monday 18th against Tunisia and Thursday 28th June competing with Belgium – ASK is offering Italians a solace from the tournament with a pizza and Italian craft beer on the house. The first 100 Italians on each day to head to one of the five restaurants across the country involved can show their Italian passport to tuck into a classic Italian comfort meal of pizza and beer.
Pick from one of ASK’s classic Prima Pizzas, such as the new Slow Cooked Lamb and much loved Pollo Piccante con Pancetta, or opt for a lighter take on the Italian speciality including the latest Light Coppa Ham & Egg pizza with rainbow salad at less than 550 kcal, alongside an Italian Craft Birra Follina or Ora APA beer.
If you’re a Gianluigi Buffon super fan without the official Italian passport, do not fear. As ASK Italian will be keeping an eye out for any die-hard Azzurri football fans on social media and surprising them with a meal for their unwavering commitment.
• Offer available all day on Monday 18th June and Thursday 28th June
• Offer includes 1 x pizza of choice and 1 x Italian craft beer per person – code is valid for one person only
• Legal Italian passport may be requested at the restaurant to validate the offer
• Offer available to first 100 Italians who claim the promotion on each date
• Offer valid at the following five restaurants:
◦ ASK Italian Spring Street (41 – 43 Spring Street, Paddington, London W2 1JA)
◦ ASK Italian Manchester (One Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester, M1 1RG)
◦ ASK Italian Liverpool (5 Queen Arcade, Liverpool L1 1RH)