Borough Market trader and restaurant Arabica has partnered with author and food influencer, Clerkenwell Boy to host a special charity event at the Market to raise funds for the people of Beirut. Bake for Beirut will see a host of Borough Market’s traders, chefs and guests come together for a bake sale in the glass fronted Market Hall on Saturday 17th October, from 11am – 2pm.
100% of proceeds from Bake for Beirut will be donated to two organisations supporting those affected by the devastating explosion which rocked the City on 4th August: Impact Lebanon and the Lebanese Red Cross.
Guest bakers and traders getting involved include:
· Big Jo Bakery (by Jolene)
· Spring Restaurant (Skye Gyngell)
· Jacob the Angel by Palomar and Barbary
· Bafarat Cafe
· The Good Egg
· Honey & Co.
· Happy Endings
· Clerkenwell Boy x Sunday goodies*
· The Bake Off Stall hosted by Edd Kimber – The Boy Who Bakes (winner of the first GBBO series) and Ruby Bhogal (2018 GBBO Finalist)
Borough Market traders:
· Bao Bakery Goods
In addition to the Bake Sale there will also be a cookbook raffle and online auction, giving people the opportunity to bid for exciting produce and experiences from well-respected London restaurants, cookery writers, wine makers and artisans.
· Gozney Roccbox pizza oven
· England Preserves Jams
· Mons Cheese Hamper from Borough Market
· The Borough Market Cookbook
· Magnums of wine
· Gift vouchers from top London restaurants
· Joy Stove & charcoal from Mark Parr at London Log Company
· Beer tasting & smorgasbord for four at Seven Dials Market by Kerb
· Fortnum & Mason Christmas Hamper
Sponsors for the event are Pump Street Chocolate, Billington’s Sugar & Honey, Gozney, James Walters of Arabica, Nielsen Massey-Vanillas and the Estate Dairy.
Darren Henaghan, Managing Director at Borough Market said: “Community is at the heart of Borough Market and we are true believers that food is a fantastic way of connecting people. This event is a perfect example of how our traders pull together to help support communities – whether that be local or beyond. We are proud to be able to support such an important occasion and cause.”
For more information on the event and auction, visit: boroughmarket.org.uk/events/bake-for-beirut