This Christmas, Everyone Active will open the doors to its leisure centres for free, to all members of the emergency services and frontline NHS colleagues.
This goodwill gesture is in recognition of the hard work the emergency services carry out, particularly over the Christmas period, when they are working long and unsociable hours away from loved ones.
From the 24th to 31st of December, those who hold a valid Emergency Services ID card will be granted free-of-charge access to the gyms and swimming pools across all Everyone Active centres in the country, including 25 centres in and around London.
“Christmas is a special time of year, but many emergency service workers put in extra shifts and incredibly long hours to keep us safe and well. With centres across London open early to late, we wanted to do something to show our appreciation. Whether they want to stop by for a hot shower, a swim in the pool or to let off some steam in the gym, we will welcome them through our doors,” says Duncan Jefford, South East Regional Director for Everyone Active.
Participating London centres include:
- Acton Centre
- Brent Valley Golf Course & Fitness Centre
- Camberwell Leisure Centre
- The Castle Centre
- Dormer Wells Leisure Centre
- Dulwich Leisure Centre
- Hatch End Swimming Pool
- Harrow Leisure Centre
- Little Venice Sports Centre
- Marshall Street Leisure Centre & Spa
- Moberly Sports Centre
- Northolt Leisure Centre
- Paddington Recreation Ground
- Porchester Leisure Centre
- Peckham Pulse Centre
- Perivale Park Athletics Track
- Queen Mother Sports Centre
- Redbourn Leisure Centre
- Seven Islands Leisure Centre
- Seymour Leisure Centre
- Southall Leisure Centre
- Surrey Docks Fitness & Watersports Centre
- Westway Sports & Fitness Club
- Westway Sports & Fitness Centre
- Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre
All emergency services staff will be required to fill in the necessary Health & Safety forms and watch the online induction before being granted free and unlimited access to the centres over the festive period. For those outside of London, this free-access offer for emergency services is available across participating Everyone Active centres nationwide. For more information, visitwww.everyoneactive.com